Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tudo Bem Tudo

Well, another week here in the Provo MTC has bit the dust, hahaha. It really is going by fast now. I'm ready to be in Brazil, pray for me to have patience as I endure. This week 7 missionaries got reassigned, to AR, GA and DC. They all were starting their 15th week...so only 3 weeks left.

One interesting experience is that I saw President Uchtdorf this week. It was during gym, I was upstairs running on the track and the entire gym got silent which is kinda not like gym...so I ran over to where everyone was looking and I saw President Smith, MTC prez and another guy...it took me a while to recognize him; but, it was him...he just waved hahaha.

Not a lot has happened this week. A lot of the same. We teach as much as we can. We taught like 15 lessons this week. Yeah being here for so long at times can be a little overwhelming. So, please pray for me.

I have really been trying to work on my portuguese. Last Saturday a teacher committed us to go 72 hrs on port. I accepted. It was hard, but I did it. It really helped me out. I have a love for portuguse.

I got a letter from Mike Deal this week...he told me that Blake Cyrier got honorably released.

Well, Mom it is good to hear that your crusie went well. I am happy for you.

Letters from the family have been pretty dry this week...its all good though. I know that you are busy. Thats good for Brittney Pincock getting married.

As I have been working on my portuguese, I have found a great secret that has helped me out. I read a loud from the Book of Mormon. It is an amazing book. There really is not better book. I have really started to study it in english as well. I love the Book of Mormon with all my heart. It really is a true book I know it.

We still do skype with the teachers in Brazil. That is pretty fun. We have one teacher that loves us. His name is Irmão Zamboni (brother). He is really cool. All of the skype teachers are pretty cool.

I really am trying to be patient with Lord right now. I am trying to realize that He knows how precious my time is and he knows the end from the beginning. He knows how to best use me. For now it is in Provo Utah. Tomorrow it might be time for Brazil...it might be 3 months but he has a purpose for me being where I am. If i do get reassigned, I hope for somewhere in California because it would be cool to serve in the same place where dad served. How is Dad? He never did respond to the thing I asked him to send me.

I am trying to keep my head up and have esperença (hope) about the future. Keeping praying for me as I keep praying for you. Give the rest of the family my email. Tell them to write me or dearelder me. I need their support as well. Let them know of my love for them. I know that this gospel is true and that it is the only thing that can give hope to a world that despertately needs it. The Atonement is what the world needs. I know Jesus is the Christ our Saviour. I am lead by him daily.

Te Amo todo

Elder Athans

No comments: