Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tudo bem todo

Well, I have been here another week...10 full weeks...too fast.

Let's see what has happened...on Sunday for fireside, we had some professor at BYU who was an expert on Joseph Smith, so that was pretty awesome. I was like a fat kid in a candy store during that.

Well, because we have so much time on our hands...Elder McQuivey and I are taking this opputinity to teach as much as we can. It really is paying off. We try to teach 4-5 lessons a day...that is pretty good for the MTC.

One experience that is cool, that I will share is this: We were teaching a teacher in Brazil on skype...her name was Sister Gasper...she was playing a person named Aline who she taught on her mission. We wanted to committ her baptism that day we taught. She got really concerned because her family was really against it. The spirit was really strong. After a while I just stopped and asked..(this was not me talking it was the spirit)...Do you believe in the Book of Mormon?...I believe..Do you believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet?...I believe...Do you believe that this church is true?..I believe...Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized?...I will...It was so amazing...and we also promised blessings and everything. We found out after the fact...sister gasper told us she did almost the exact same way that we did. It was amazing.

I have learned this week that as an authorized represtative of Jesus Christ...I have the authority to promise blessings to people. That had not clicked with me before. That was pretty cool.

Tuesday we had Elder David F. Evans from the 70...that was pretty cool. He spoke about the Book of Mormon...he spoke for like an hour and a half...but it was a blast. His talk prompted me to start reading the Book of Mormon...so I have started over once again. But I really am taking my time with it...like it has taken me 2 days to get through one chapter. I love it. To all that read this letter...read the book of Mormon, you will feel spirit...I know that because I have felt this joy in my life.

There is not a lot to report... the mtc is a lot of the same everyday.

Oh yeah remember Abby Goode from Advance Eye Care...She is on a mission now she got here this week...she is going to Pocatello, Idaho...that's 2 from charlotte now. The other is Blake...I have seen like 20 people that I have known here at the MTC. I love it.

Still no visas...oh well...perhaps I have more to learn here in Provo...I just need to keep doing my best. The mission really takes a lot of energy out of a person. Pray for visas...so that this great blessing of the gospel can be taken to those people that are ready for the message.

Muito Amor

Elder Athans

No comments: