Monday, January 11, 2010

Tudo Bem Toda Pessoas

Tudo bem in portuguese for "How are you?" but it literally means all is well...It is used in the hymn, Come, Come Ye Saints...I use that as my subject because that is my feelings...tudo bem.

This week truely has been extraordinary and ordinary all at the same time if that is possible. Hahaha...

Monday, I went to the doctor again...He said my foot looked good...but to discourage anymore growth he put some acid stuff on it. But, because of the acid I could not shower till tomorrow (Saturday). So, I had to take a bath in the MTC....yeah pretty gross hahaha. The day I did take a bath some thing happened and I was in a lot of pain. I wanted to die, but, the foot feels good now. I have been able to walk on it just fine, so much better than last time.

Tuesday, Elder Ringwood from the 70 spoke to us. He was awesome because he talked about enduring to the end and it was very inspiring. Lets see, I did cancel that life insurance policy thing or catusportific (good one Zach).... whatever.

The visa situation....still not here because I am still in provo. None this week that I know of. This is our last week of regular class before we become a megadistrict. What that means is that we have the entire day to decide what we do because our teachers have to move on to teach other districts. Its okay though because I have realized something...I am on the Lord's time...He is calling the shots...If he needs me to be here in Provo, I will stay.

One really cool and spiritual experience I have had this week is this. Our teacher talked to us a bit about prayer and read from the Joseph Smith story. He then let us spread out and just pray for like an hour. It was amazing. When you just stop and take time to really pray...you run out of the superfical prayer stuff and really get down to some good prayers and holy communication with father. He really does answer...at times it was like he was literally talking to me. I really can't describe it...I got some very poignant information. One of the revealtions i will share. I was praying about the visas and the answer came in time. Amazing and then to top it off I got a letter from dad that same day and it was also like a second testimony of what my father in heaven told me. Prayer is so real. I remember the overwelming feeling of love I got from it. Indescribable.

Correction: Nehiamah was techinically on a mountain because he was in Jerusalem. Mark Hall taught me that, so sorry for last week.

Mark Hall sent me another package...so amazing. He sent me a muscial card and it was tommy boy themed. what more could you ask for and then it gets better. He sent pics of the fam...and cards his girls drew for me and a few letters from him.....and the best part he sent me a University of Utah Tie. Amazing right hahaha... he said it was the only one he had and he gave it to me. I love it...and I am wearing it. Sorry mom, dad, Aunt Cindy, Grandpa and everyone else.

The mission is a very hard and demanding thing, but I am a living breathing example and god does qualify those him he calls.

The gospel is true even in portuguese....I mean especially in portuguese. The Lord has a great work for me and all of us to do...we just need to do it.

All for now, Thanks every one for the love and support.
Te Amo
Elder Athans

No comments: