Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving from Elder Athans

Hello all from the great state of Utah

Tudo bem

This week has truely blessed me. Sunday, we heard from Stephen Allen who works at the missisonary department for the church. Then, Tuesday for devotional we had Dallin H. Oaks come, which was amazing. Seeing the apostles in the MTC is neat because they really are not as formal and can say a lot more stuff.

Thanksgiving was good. I am not gonna lie, I do find myself missing dads croissant turkey sandwich. They are way good. But, like Nehemiah I am doing a great work, so I cannot come down. The food was good.
Mom, I have gained about 9 lbs which is really scary to me. Haha, I usually run about 2 miles a day.

Thanksgiving was good. We had a devotional, a fireside, and service project. The devotional speaker brought me close to tears because it was........Jeffrey R. Holland...one of my favorite speakers. He was amazing. The spirit was so strong. I was really touched by a presentation showing the humanitarian services by the church. It answers the question.... yes, i am my brothers keeper. It really did bring me close to tears...which rarely happens.

Well i will add more later....we only get 30 minutes timed to email on P=day. That is why my letters are not longer. I will do my best. I should have more time later in the afternoon. Thanks for the emails.

Peace

No comments: