Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hello from the MTC-11/20/09

Hello family,

Tudo Bem

I have my pday today. I am using half of my internet time to write, and then i will check to see if you wrote me back.

This week has honestly been tough. The hardest part thus far has been having to live with a companion. I am a lot of times very individualistic, so yeah. I have been praying to work on that. It will get better though because I have the lord on my side. If God is for us, then who can be against us?

I like the MTC. It is fun. It really is work. But, the outpouring of the spirit is amazing. Sunday, we got to hear from Sherri Dew. She is very neat and her testimony really helped and gave me some good ideas for study. Tuesday we had Bishop Edgley and his wife speak to us. He spoke about the impact of missionary work. I like the scripture from Isaiah 61:1 because it really defines what missionary work is and who all it helps.

I have not seen Allen yet. I want to. I think it would help you know seeing family and all.

One truth i have learned this week was from one of my districts teachers. His name is Brother Flanigan. He bore powerful testimony of study journals. it totally changed my outlook on studying. He explained it like this. God loves everyone the same; but, he doesn't trust everyone the same. How do we show him that we are worthy of his trust? We write down revelations or promptings from the spirit and act on them. I have noticed as i write down every prompting I recieve and do them that father is willing to bless us with me and we feel of his love. i know that this is truth becuase i can feel the holy ghost testify to me of this truth.

Family thank you so much for your support to me these past 19 years. Pray for me often. especially for patience. I try to remember you guys as much as i can. How is TJ? What is his email? Mom, email me the rest of the families emails. The language is coming well enough. I can pray, testify and write sentences in Portuguese. I can feel the spirit teaching or helping me with the porteuguese language.

There were 700 new missionaries this week. Poor kids, I remember what it was to be like them. Haha, I have tried to help them out as much as i can.

How is the house? Dad, please dont forget to send me pics.

I see a lot of people from EFY and BYUI. infact two people i went to EFY with are in my branch. There are a lot of elders and sisters waiting on visas for brazil. I was taught and I believe this to be true, that father has a plan for us his children. There is a reason that i am in Provo at this time. I dont know why yet but there is. Itis weird to think that Thanksgiving is this week. I am gonna miss being home, but i know i am doing a great work and cannot come down... to quote Nehemiah.

Use Dearelder.com everyday if you can. Tell everyone to. It really helps me and motivates me.

Give Tazie a hug and kiss for me

That is all for now. Eu seu que Jesus Cristo e O Salvador e O filho de Deus.

Te Amo

No comments: