Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mais uma batisma

Well, hello family how are we all doing? Well I hope.

I am doing well. This week was very good and enjoyable. The time really is starting to go by faster which is nice and sad. Too bad for Kyle, not Brazil, oh well, spanish is almost as good as português.

Well, we had a visit from Elder Godoy this week. He his in the 1st quorem of 70 and in the area presidency here. He taught us during mission tour on tuesday. It was combined with two zones vitoria and villa velia. So, I got to see Elder McQuivey (my mtc companion) and some other Elders we met in the MTC. It was really nice. Elder Godoy was awesome but he spoke really fas.t He is a native brazilian. I had to really concentrate to listen but it was good. It is much easier to listen to Sister Pickett. Her portugues is not the best and so it is way easy to understand. President is easy too.

Last p-day we went to the mall and I bought a card reader. It was like 50 reais. I traded the rest of my American money, 75 dollars for 129 reais, so not too bad but not too good either.

Friday, we had zone conference it was really good. One thing I will share is this. President had us stand for a minute and was like raise your hands if any of your baptisms could be bishops in 5 yrs. I could not raise my hand because all my baptisms were women. His response to that...increase your faith. That is my goal. I want to find bishops. Presidente é muito legal.

Yesterday, we had the baptism of Hionice that was good. Ekstrom and I were witnesses so that was good. We have 2 more baptisms next week. One is Edson who I made the first street contact with so that is pretty cool. He was the one with 7 toes. He is very funny.

Well all for now. I love you all

Elder Athans

No comments: