Friday, January 30, 2009

MLK

Martin Luther King Jr. Essay

By: Zachary D. Athans

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once gave the famous speech entitled, “I have a dream.” In this speech, he talked about his dream of racial equality. We all need to have dreams and desires to accomplish. The Lord commands us to do this by saying that we “should be anxiously engaged in a good cause.”

If posed the question if time and money were not an object to what would I do with my life, I know exactly what I would do with my life. The first thing I would do is take care of my family. I would find a place to settle and raise my family. This place would be preferably in North Carolina, but it really doesn’t matter as long as we are close to family. I want to stay in one place for the rest of my life.

I think I would want to pursue education at all times. I would get my PhD. in history. I would want to teach either part-time or full-time at a local community college. I would always pursue further my education in all aspects of knowledge. I would want many, many degrees in vary fields.

I would travel all over the world. I want to see and learn about many cultures all over the world. I would want to be heavily involved in charity work worldwide. I would meet many world leaders to understand what we could do to better their country and people.

I would do all that I could to better the world around me with unlimited resources.

No comments: