Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Ideal Mate

This was a paper for my bogas Business Class

When asked to describe my ideal mate it is a very hard question to answer.  I am not really sure if I know what I really want.  I know a lot of qualities that I like.  I don’t think I have met enough people to make an accurate description of this woman I want to spend time and all eternity with.  I will attempt to do this with all of the data I have collected to date.

            The biggest quality is probably someone who has a strong testimony of the Saviour, Jesus Christ, a testimony of Joseph Smith, and a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  She must be someone who lives her testimony in every aspect of her life.  We must be able to strengthen each other’s testimonies as we make our journey in life together.  She must be an educated woman.  I would prefer someone who has graduated from college.  This will be beneficial in case I die unexpectedly.  She should know who she is; that is a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father.  She must possess those qualities I see and honor in my own mother.  The older and more mature I get, the more I want a woman like my mother.  My mother is a Julie B. Beck said, “A mother that knows.”  We must be able to tease each other.  I kid around a lot with everybody.  My ideal mate is able to take my teasing and tease me back in return.  She must be a woman of integrity and an example to me every day.

Spouses can be really beneficially in the workforce.  Like the phrase goes, behind every great man is a great woman.  Spouses can encourage that person to perform better and help with important decisions to be made.  They can also hinder by distracting the other from work or imposing too much control in work situations where they have not real authority.

No comments: